You can respond to note flashcards by playing the note on the piano or any acoustic instrument.
- Start at the main note-choosing screen…
- Tap the settings icon in the upper right to open the settings pane.
- Tap answer method to change the way you respond to flashcards.
- Tap Listen so that Flashnote Derby will listen for you to play the correct note on your instrument.
- Adjust the sensitivity lower if you find the app being fooled by background sounds.
If you play a transposing instrument (such as a B♭ Trumpet or French Horn), see the section on transposing instruments so that the notes you play are correctly understood by Flashnote Derby.