- Start at the main note-choosing screen…
- Tap the settings icon in the upper right to open the settings pane.
- Tap answer method to change the way you respond to flashcards.
- Tap MIDI so that Flashnote Derby will wait for you to play the correct note on your MIDI instrument.
- Insure that your MIDI interface is connected correctly to your tablet or phone and that your MIDI instrument is connected correctly to your MIDI interface.
MIDI stands for Musical Instrument Digital Interface. It allows digital instruments to communicate with other digital instruments or devices (such as your tablet or phone).
MIDI over Bluetooth not supported Wireless MIDI over Bluetooth is not supported in the current version of Flashnote Derby. It will be added in an update in the near future.
MIDI Troubleshooting There are many different types of MIDI interface options for tablets and phones. Consult the manufacturer of your particular model for specific troubleshooting information. If your MIDI setup works with other apps that you might have, but not with Flashnote Derby, please submit a support ticket providing the type of MIDI interface and instrument you are using.